Saturday, January 11, 2014

#18 - Pressure Canning

Pressure Canning
 
I got a Pressure Cooker for Christmas and put it to use.
 

Isn't she a beauty!

We canned about 20lbs of Chicken.

 
I was surprised by the liquid within the jars. When we packed the chicken, it was done without any broth or water put inside the jars. The chicken created its own juices. Really cool.
 

An excellent way to add to the food storage. I can't wait to cook with this and see if it tastes better than it looks. This was my first time to can anything. I have to admit I was a bit nervous.
 
This to me is a form of wealth that my wife and I were able to do for ourselves. The beginning of a skill set that may help my family to get through tough times. It's time for people to redefine what true wealth is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
What I'm reading..."The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin. Please do yourself a great favor and read this book. It explains why the world is in the shape it is. End The Fed!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment