Wednesday, February 27, 2013

#8 - 13 in 13 - Composting

13 in 13 Composting Update
 

The photo above is from my Compost pile started in 2012. I have started seeds and I'm using this compost for my seed starting mix.



I bought this sifter that fits over a 5 gallon bucket. I grab a couple handfulls of compost and then sift it. The material that does not fall thru, I dump into next years compost pile.


I use my hand to push as much of the material as will fit thru the sifter's grid.



I am also using the compost to ammend into my 5'x20' planting beds' soil. I'm hoping to get at least 10-5 gallon buckets full of compost for my needs.




Parting quote: While you love your modern life, you might have no idea how it is killing you because you can not see, feel, touch, smell, nor taste the poison………….. Dr. Jack Kruse


No comments:

Post a Comment